Welcome to our Freedom Friday series! Grab your coffee and your strand of faith because there are definitely some little knots to tie in the bigger scheme of spiritual roadblocks!
Removing Spiritual Roadblocks
“And it will be said: ‘Build up, build up; prepare the road! Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people.’” (Isaiah 57:14, NIV)
Roadblocks are physical barriers, circumstances, or people that hinder us from pursuing our desired paths. There is such a thing as emotional roadblocks! They can also be reoccurring, destructive… attitudes or feelings such as un-forgiveness, anger, guilt, shame, insecurity, hopelessness, or fear (to name a few) that seem to have control over us.
Roadblocks hinder our relationships, interfere with our ability to achieve our goals, and ultimately keep us from reaching our God-given potential. Simply put, it keeps us from the freedom that He wants us to walk in.
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Hebrews 12:1-2, NIV)
Breaking through Roadblocks (mindsets, habits, and patterns):
- God hears the cry of the oppressed. Stand firm in the belief that our Father is a good Daddy that cares about our physical, emotional, mental or spiritual prisons.
- Only God can set us free. “Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom” (2 Cor. 3:17).
- Understand our responsibility is to walk in the freedom that Christ purchased for us! No matter what has happen to us or where our circumstances are.
- Guard your heart: Proverbs 4:23. “Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life.”
- Acknowledge your feelings. Transformation rarely happens overnight. Daily (sometimes hourly) we have to remind ourselves that it’s ok to feel. Instead of wallowing in those feelings, face them and then repeat scriptures or journal or call up a friend.
Are you Ready to Begin the Journey to Overcoming Your Roadblocks? The first step is to ask God to begin showing you areas of your life where Roadblocks exist. Write out or journal those roadblocks. Acknowledging them is the biggest step toward healing.